- The candidates of this treatment are usually taking anti-aggregates on a regular basis. There is no treatment limitation in patients treated with Aspirin or Clopidgrel. The treating physician should take into consideration the bleeding tendency resulting from their intake and might consider changing anticoagulant regimen prior to shock wave treatment to prevent local hematoma.
- In order to be able to treat patients treated with Warfarin:
INR levels should be close to 2 to 3.
- In patients treated with Heparin – PTT levels should be below 60.
- Although there is no limitation in the treatment of patients with cardiac pacemakers or artificial cardiac valves, caution should be taken in treating these patients.
- Although there is no limitation in the treatment of patients with Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD), or Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT), caution should be practiced in these patients.